H&S MODEL W3243
Double tap to zoom
- A massive unitized welded frame with heavy floor supports and side stakes, wrap around steel front corners. Strong rear main beater side panels are slanted for clearance and wider spread, and then welded to the strong 5″ U channel side members compare with any on the market.
- The side flares on all H&S “Heavy Duty” manure spreaders are made of 10 gauge g210 culvert grade galvanized steel.
- Sides, front panel and both sides of the rear hydraulic end gate use fiberglass reinforced plywood to provide for easy cleaning and minimal freeze up. It also features a solid virgin grade poly floor. Considerably less torque is needed to move a heavy load.
- A front splash guard is standard equipment.
- Greaseable bearings.
- The two-speed apron drive is standard equipment. An optional variable speed hydraulic drive is also available. As is an optional electric control for the hydraulic drive.
- A 29″ diameter beater with 14 replaceable beater paddles. The beater has two types of paddles, blunt for widespread and sharp ripper type for cutting and shredding. The beater side wiper blades are also standard equipment.
- The hydraulic endgate features 2 cylinders as standard (optional on the 3231). The hydraulic lines are run through a 3×3 tube under the floor. The upright position of the hydraulic cylinder stroke allows the gate to lift with the least strain at pivot points.
- H&S uses cast special steel alloy apron idler slides instead of idler sprockets making for years of dependable service.
- Adjustment for the main apron is easy by simply loosening the two side bolts and drawing up the long bolt.
- Gear box mechanisms and drive for the beater and apron are Timken tapered roller bearing equipped. The beater drive gear box is 1-½″ bevel gear oil bath equipped with a 4-jaw over running clutch for beater shut off. The apron drive is a 50:1 bronze worm gear with shear bolt protection.
- The strong oil bath bevel gear box that powers the beater is tapered Timken roller bearing equipped. The gear box utilizes a 4-jaw beater shut off clutch and tractor sized spline shaft.
- Unloading Speed for 3231, 3237, 3243, and W3243 – (2 speed chain drive) High Speed: PTO speed 540 rpm’s 8′8.5″ per minute Low Speed: PTO speed 540 rpm’s 4′8.5″ per minute.
- An optional top beater is available to provide load leveling and spreading of high heaped loads. (Standard in models 3243 & W3243)
- The W3243 (western) has all the same features as above with additional features such as double main frame channels, additional floor supports, 1045 hardened drive shaft, #80 drive chain and a heavy duty main gear box.
|Model||3243 & W3243|
|CAPACITY - OLD RATING||430 B.U.|
|CAPACITY CU. FT. STRUCK LEVEL||275|
|TOP OF FLARE WIDTH||68″ (173 CM)|
|INSIDE WIDTH||60″ (152 CM)|
|INSIDE LENGTH||16′ 6″ (5.1 M)|
|INSIDE DEPTH||40 ⅜″ (102 CM)|
|OVERALL WIDTH W/STANDARD TIRES||112″ (285 CM)|
|OVERALL LENGTH||23′ 2.5″ (7.1 M)|
|OVERALL LOADING HEIGHT-TOP OF FLARE||63″ (160 CM)|
|OVERALL HEIGHT W/HYD. ENDGATE||63.5″ (161 CM)|
|DIAMETER OF BEATER||29″ (74 CM)|
|MAIN APRON CHAIN||T-ROD|
|SPINDLE SIZE||2 ½″ (6 CM)|
|STANDARD TIRE SIZE||16.5×16.1|
|WEIGHT W/TIRES||430 5220# (2,232 KG)|
|W430 5500# (2,495 KG)|
|REAR HYDRAULIC ENDGATE||STANDARD|
|SEMI LIQUID REAR PAN||OPTIONAL|
|PTO SPEED||540 STANDARD 1000 OPTIONAL|
|VARIABLE SPEED HYD. DRIVE||OPTIONAL|
|FRONT SPLASH PANEL||STANDARD|
|HYD. CYL ON HYD. ENDGATE||2|